With the winter season and cold weather just around the corner, many people are experiencing dry and itchy scalp. If you naturally have dry scalp and hair, winter is when things get worse for most people. Usually winter months can be very harsh on the skin and scalp. In some cases it gets to a point where you find your self constantly scratching your head and that becomes very irritating. In some case it may be temporary and may be seasonal, but in some cases it may lead to permanent hair loss.
The harsh weather can take a toll on your hair and leave it very dry and brittle. This may cause hair loss that could be temporary if it is taken care correctly. However if your scalp continues to be irritated from dryness, your hair may start to fall of and cause a more permanent hair loss. To combat the dry winter scalp and hair, and want to get rid of itchiness and flaking the easiest way is to hydrate your scalp and your hair.
This winter hair care advice will have your scalp healthy and moisturized in no time at all.
1. Protect your hair from dry and cold weather by using a hat. This will keep the moisture on your scalp and hair and keep it from falling off.
2. Combat the dry scalp by using leave-in conditioner. This is a great way to keep the scalp moist and decrease irritation and itching caused by dry scalp.
3. Add moisture to your hair by using essential hair oils. The hair shaft along with the scalp gets dry in the cold weather and therefore become very brittle. It is a good idea to use hair oil on the hair after shower to keep the moisture in. This will protect the hair from getting brittle and falling off.
4. Artificial heater and wind can also contribute to dry hair and scalp. To keep the moisture, use a humidifier in the room. The humidifier adds moisture to the air and therefore keep the hair moist. This will keep the hair from drying out and decrease the chances of hair loss.
5. You may want to swap the shampoo you use in the winter for one that is more moisturizing and nourishing. If dandruff is an issue in cooler weather, look for a shampoo with a dandruff-fighting ingredient. You might want to cut back on the number of times you shampoo your hair in the winter, if you find that it’s becoming very dry.
In general it is essential to keep your hair soft and moist in the winter months by giving it a bit more conditioning, stay away from hot hair dryer and let it air dry or use a cooler setting.
Dr. Mike Meshkin, a hair transplant specialist based in Newport Beach and Los Angles has been at the forefront of hair loss research on scalp conditions and their affect on hair follicles. He can made an evaluation using devises that help determine the cause of hair loss and predict the future progression. Once the cause of hair loss is established the proper hair treatment options are recommended to reverse or slow down future hair loss. He gives many advises to his clients for hair loss treatment and hair loss prevention when they notice thinning at the initial stages. If hair loss is genetic, then hair transplant may be recommended for hair restoration of lost hair. However in some cases an option to restore the hair is medical hair treatment or hair products to prevent future hair loss and keep hair healthy.
To find out more about your hair loss, visit one of Dr. Meshkin's hair transplant and hair restoration clinics in Los Angeles or in Irvine locations. Dr. Meshkin will use the latest techniques and gives the best hair restoration recommendations customized to your needs and concerns.
If you are suffering from hair loss or hair thinning you can contact us at (949) 219-0027 to schedule for a free consultation or visit our website at www.MeshkinMedical.com.